Crescent Real Estate LLC (“Crescent”) is a real estate operating company and investment advisor, founded by Chairman John C. Goff, with more than 120 employees and assets under management, development and investment capacity of more than $10 billion. Crescent’s unique fund structure allows the company to be strategic in timing, property type and the structure in which it invests. Crescent has a broad real estate investment mandate, but primarily invests in hotels, multifamily and office – both existing acquisitions and new development. Crescent invests alongside institutional and ultra‐high net worth clients in real estate and real estate related assets.
Crescent is currently looking for senior property manager, on a portfolio of commercial properties. The ideal candidate will Perform day‐to‐day responsibilities for all property and construction management activities, including but not limited to property maintenance, collections, tenant relations, property budgets, support to asset management and brokerage firms with leasing and lease renewal activities, reporting, tenant and capital improvement activities, code compliance and partnership agreement compliance and the appearance and physical condition of owned and not‐owned Flatiron Park properties. You will also be responsible for overseeing property and facility management staff and the daily physical and financial operations of the assigned buildings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and manage annual operating budgets, including the capital budgets (ABF Yardi Voyager). Review portions of budgets supplied by other departments.
- Prepare and/or oversee annual OPEX recovery reconciliations and the invoicing of same (Yardi Voyager).
- Prepare monthly financial reports, including budget variances, executive summary, and bi‐monthly summary of all portfolio activities. Initiate and complete special projects and those requested by management and/or tenant customers.
- Review, red‐line and abstract (into Yardi Voyager) all lease documents during lease negotiations and after lease execution working closely with asset management, brokers and legal counsel. Oversee the billing and receivables of tenant rent and other miscellaneous charges in accordance with lease terms and implement collection policies and procedures as necessary to ensure collection of unpaid and slow‐paying accounts including resolving disputes that may arise.
- Oversee all Accounts Payable activities for both operating and capital expenses.
- Perform project management functions related to tenant construction and property capital projects consistent with local codes. Manage tenant work in compliance with leases and work letter agreements to ensure tenant acceptance, timely completion, and occupancy and rent commencement.
- Ensure all certificates of insurance are current for all leases, licenses and vendor contracts or proposals.
- Draft and/or manage vendor contracts for capital and preventative maintenance purposes in addition to their appropriate invoicing and other applicable terms.
- Coordinate tenant move‐ins and move‐outs. Assist tenants in making moving arrangements and review the building and regulations with tenant and tenant’s moving contractor, as is applicable.
- Draft various types of Notices in accordance with lease terms as is applicable to various circumstances.
- Draft various types of license agreements for tenants, vendors and third parties and obtain applicable types of insurance requirements applicable to the agreement.
- Proactively meet with building tenants on management matters and matters of tenant relations, tenant services, leasehold modifications, tenant needs, and special requests or problems.
- Draft Landlord Letters of Approval and their associated Notices of non‐liability (to be posted and appropriately delivered) for all tenant requested alterations and/or changes to their demised premises in accordance with lease terms.
- Routinely manage on‐site personnel either directly or through others, including employment interviews employee development, training, motivation, and evaluation.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce operating policies and procedures, work schedules, and working hours for staff.
- Regularly direct employees or contractors who perform maintenance and repair work, judging work performance, adherence to specifications, and observance of safety regulations and building rules relating to contractors and vendors.
- Conduct (or assign) regularly scheduled and unscheduled on‐site inspections of common areas, tenant spaces, vacant spaces, mechanical rooms, roofs, exterior perimeter, and other areas. Make appropriate repairs, changes, alterations, etc. as deemed necessary.
- Plan for, react to, and assist with unexpected or infrequent items or events such as emergencies, inclement weather, tenant lock‐outs, public relations events, major renovations, civil disturbances, government regulations, etc.
- On call for after hour emergencies (shared responsibility with other staff).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B. S.) or higher, Real Estate Broker’s License (State of Colorado within nine (9) months from of hire date), five (5) years commercial property management experience with a strong background in all areas of operations, construction, budgets/financial reporting and lease administration. CPM or RPA preferred but not required. Experience with Yardi Voyager or similar Yardi property management software preferred but not required.
LANGUAGE AND WRITING SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write effective emails, letters, notices, contracts and speeches as may be required. Ability to carry out effective and persuasive discussions, speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to tenants, top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, pro‐ rations, percentages, and an understanding of load/loss factors.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent computer and Microsoft Office Suite skills. Must have the ability to lead and work well with others, the ability to follow direction from management, and the ability to follow and establish workplace procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The high‐energy, customer‐service‐oriented work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment can be unusually loud during construction management activities.
This position may require travel to and from various Crescent locations and other sites. It will require expedient travel methods to include aircraft, rental cars, and use of personal automobile. Estimated travel demands: 0‐10% of time.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
The base salary for this position is expected to start at $130,000.00/annual, plus participation in an annual discretionary bonus plan in the range of 0 – 25% of your base earnings. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications and experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical,
dental and vision coverage; 401(k) plan with a company match; life insurance, long term and short‐term disability; vacation and PTO; paid parental leave and more.
Google to learn more about Crescent Real Estate
Our website crescent.com
Check us out on LinkedIn
We offer opportunities for career growth, responsibilities and rewards‐based incentives, and competitive pay and benefits. This position offers a hybrid work environment that includes a desk in the Boulder office combined with
the flexibility to work remotely.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon completed a background check.